Happy holidays everyone. I hope that you have all had a lovely seasonal time. In this blog I am going to tell you what I have been up to over the festive season and have a look at some of the high lights over the year. Plus I thought I’d tell you some of my new plans for next year as well as give you some tips on how to build up momentum and confidence to go forward with your goals.
The snow had come and gone by Christmas. If you have been following my blogs you will have known that I have been building snowmen, sledging in the garden and country lanes.
This was taken before Christmas.
I was hoping that it would grace us with its presence for Christmas but it didn’t. However it has started to snow again today so am wondering whether I will have a thick blanket of snow on the ground when I get up.
I had my mum, daughter and her partner here for Christmas who made it really special for me. My daughters’ partner dressed the table and the Christmas tree. On Christmas day we sat around the tree and opened our beautiful gifts. Watching faces smile in delight at the gifts they had received brought a smile to my own face. Christmas isn’t just for children. It is there to keep the inner child alive in all of us.
That’s one of our dogs presents in the green stocking!
I think it’s not about the material things, although they were beautiful presents, but it was about the sharing of good times and the memories we all created together. Plus it is all the little things that everyone did like bringing the logs in and lighting a lovely fire that made it all warm and cosy. Plus dressing the table so it looked warm and welcoming for everyone. My daughter and her partner spent hours in the kitchen preparing and cooking a gorgeous feast for us all. And I had fun photographing it all. However this was the only picture that turned out!
My daughter and her partner preparing food for us all.
Our cupboards were full to the brim with food but I don’t think we ate in excess however it was nice to have such a wonderful choice of food in. We always have an abundance of food to eat but I am not used to opening my cupboards and having the food fall out.
My mum bought us a gorgeous home made yule log that was suitable for vegans. The lovely lady who made it even delivered it right to our door with a smile. Can you imagine when I opened the big box to discover this beauty. And yes it tasted as divine as it looked.
There is something wonderful about buying hand made produce. I think it tastes so much better because you can feel the love and time that has gone into such craft man-ship. Like the Japanese I am very much a believer in the energy/essence of a person that goes into our cooking or the products that we buy. This is why the Japanese say it is so important to have good thoughts and be happy when we are creating things. It is something that I adhere too when I cook and when I craft too.
After sharing lots of good times with my loved ones I spent boxing day on my own. I wanted to do some photography and it is a solitary hobby after-all. And as one person pointed out to me, you are never alone when you have the universe with you. I am a true believer that the universe not only lives inside of us all but also in the landscapes, in the elements, the animals, the trees, vegetation and in all that lives on this planet so I happen to agree with that person.
So whilst the rest of them went to another family members house for lunch on boxing day I headed out with my camera (part of a 7 day black and white challenge I am on). As I sat in the forests, splashed through the streams and finally came to stand on the moors I felt more closely connected to nature and the universe than ever before. I was grateful for it all for keeping me company.
As I surveyed the landscape before me I was in awe. There were thousands of hectares of heather all over the moorlands and dramatic hills that my lens just about captured. The blue sky had wisps of clouds and their was the odd bird that swooped down before taking flight again. Rock pools were all frozen and there was a light scattering of snow here and there that looked like icing sugar.
One can never feel lonely in such an environment of such beauty where the universe is present in all of it. And as I listened all I could hear was the sound of silence. And I thought to myself that really is the key to feeling connected to oneself and all that there is. For it is in those moments that we have our biggest insights and our higher selves can get through!
And then on my way back I sat in my favorite forest eating my pack lunch.
I saw a crow descend into the densely packed forest and maneuver around the trees. Birds really are the true pilots of our skies and it added to the beautiful experience I was having. He was too quick for me so by the time I had grabbed my camera he had gone. Oh well, maybe next time…
Watching the light in the sky begin to change I realized that it was time to head back home. I never look at my watch when I am out but have learned how to tell the time from the position of the sun and also from the light. I was back before dark, reminiscing about my adventures and already planning more of them.
Today I decided to write my blog about my experiences but also to look at some of the high lights of 2017 and my new intentions for 2018. Here they are. I think it’s so important to review the progress we have made. It really does give you momentum and the confidence to go forward in 2018.
- I had two super earth faeries characters designed and made for me by a wonderful artist. These are now featured in my Earth Faeries stories on my website if you’d like to follow their adventures.
- I re-branded and made my products all suitable for vegans as I became one myself this year.
- I sourced out new suppliers who stock materials that our suitable for vegans. They took quite a while to find but I got there in the end.
- I stopped making jewellery and decided to create hair accessories instead as I found that is where my passion lies. It is okay to modify your goals as long as you can explain to yourself why.
- I learned a new jewellery making skill (wire work) and started making a new product line.
- I started practicing gi gong again. It is Movement meditation that has really helped me connect and keep my inner balance. It so easy to work yourself in the ground if one doesn’t maintain the balance of work and play.
- I opened two new online shops and a face book business page.
- I got lots more new wonderful followers on my groups and made some lovely friends on there too.
- I got lots of glowing reviews from satisfied customers and repeat orders. It is nice to know that people are liking what I am making and makes it all so worth while.
- I attended two craft stalls. One of them was in a fabulous location outside of a castle. And I even had my dream come true which was to go canoeing around the moat. You can imagine my delight when I was about to set up my stall and I discovered that one of the attractions was canoeing.
- With over an hour and half before the customers were due into the grounds I knew I had time to go canooing for the very first time. My friend who also had a stall came with me (she had no choice as I literally grabbed her hand and pulled her in the direction of them. We had much fun once we managed to get out of the reeds.
- I did some traveling to Lincolnshire with a good friend and attended a wonderful weekend at a laughter festival. I even got to play drums in the woods, have an Akashic record reading done for me and participated in heaps of other fun activities there too.
Me at the laughter festival in June
- It snowed right before Christmas and I had another dream come true. I went sledging in my garden. You could hear my screams of joy from many fields down.
- I received £3,800 which enabled me to shop to my hearts delight, go for weekend away and invest some of it back into my business.
- I got a camera given to me that I haven’t used yet as have to send off for a new lead. This will help me improve the quality of my product pictures and also help me with my new hobby which is photographing the landscapes and wild life.
- I devoured many books on photography to improve my photography skills and realized I now have a passion for it. So I am out most days photographing the vast terrain in this stunning place I live in. I never stop being grateful for where I live.
- I was nominated by a friend to do a black and white photography challenge for 7 days. And I have been out hiking in the Lovely Welsh countryside taking them and enjoying the sound of silence in the wilderness. I waited about 15 minutes for this photograph. Finally he turned his head and I was able to photograph this handsome fellow.
- I discovered a great photographer who was recommended to me. I am sending my products too him in 2018 to have them all professionally photographed.
- I had my new product range measured for me so I now know the exact sizes of the boxes I require. Many a night I sat there wondering what colour boxes would fit in with my theme. I had a good response from my FB group who gave me lots of ideas. I am thinking white! They are a very helpful bunch.
- I made two new friends and got to go walking with them and I also got to spend a lovely weekend away with a very close friend.
And in 2018 I have lots more plans for the Earth Faeries and my own personal goals. Here are some of them.
- I am getting my third earth faerie character drawn up for me.
- I have some new craft stalls already planned.
- A holiday with a friend to Norway. We have decided to go Kayaking in the Norwegian fjords and do some wild camping. Yes I will be sure to post the pictures!
- Booking another laughter festival but this time it is being held closer to home in Wales.
- Learn another new jewellery making skill.
- Have professional pictures done of my products
- Get some new business cards printed up
- Order and send off for my new packaging
- Have more micro and micro adventures where I live.
- Advance my photography skills of landscapes so I can share them with you on my pages and blogs.
- Go out for more hikes and do some wild camping.
- Treat myself to a spa experience, indulge all my senses and go kayaking in the nearby lake.
- Buy a new bicycle and start cycling again.
- Explore other beautiful rural parts in UK.
- Have my products reviewed.
- Share more good times having adventures with my friends.
Top tips for achieving your goals in 2018
I find writing this has given me more direction too and it really makes me realize just how far I have actually come. I thought I’d share it with you to help you too. So before 2018 comes be sure to get your pen and note pad out, jot your progress down no matter how small or big and any new goals for 2018. It really will help you to go forward with a smile, optimism and create the right kind of internal environment to support you with all your en-devours. And most of all give yourself a big pat on the back on how much you have achieved! You as much as anyone deserve your own love!
Wishing you all a fabulous new year all year round!
Lots of love
The Earth Faeries