I thought that I would use this blog to give you a look at the progress of The Earth Faeries so far and also any future developments. I have a couple of new products that I’m going to be launching in the near future so I thought that I’d give you a sneaky preview. I thought that I would also share with you some tips to end that procrastination and start living that life you know that you deserve. I have been procrastinating for the past couple of months so I thought I’d share with you what has worked for me.
It has been a very productive month. I had a craft stall in Whittington Castle in Shropshire last month. It has been all go go and my fingers haven’t stopped and neither has my imagination.
I was up bright and early and left my house at 8. I’d been up late the previous night getting everything finished and packed. My alarm clock didn’t go off but thankfully my mum was staying over so woke me up. With twenty minutes to go before my friend arrived I managed to have the quickest shower of my life, get dressed, put my makeup on and iron my table cloth.
Here’s all of my stuff in the back of my friends car.
My craft stall and the wall of the castle at the back.
The day was successful with a huge show of people. It was only my third craft show and I was very fortunate because my friend had done a lot of them so I was eager to drink in her wisdom. I had a quick lesson in ergonomics – which translates into the study of people’s efficiency in their working environment. She helped me to arrange my craft stall so it was pleasing to the eye so thank you Natasha.
There were a vast range of craft stalls there but not many handmade ones so I wasn’t sure I had chosen the right event. But it was an eventful day. I made some sales, had lots of people take my business cards, and the sun was shining. I even got to go canoeing in the moat around the castle which was an amazing experience and quite an experience getting into it considering we both had dresses on. I have never canoed before and thankfully my friend who also had a stall there next to me had and managed to get us out of the reeds. And this was all before we had even set up our stall.
Our canoe was the red one at the front!
The front of the canoe I was in.
I finally opened my online shop – not one but two and all in the past two days. A folksy shop and an Etsy one both of which feature handmade designers an makers. I have been up pretty late the past two nights uploading some of my pictures, writing out product descriptions, learning about key words to use on each platform and writing 2 bio’s. I am ready for a hand massage! 🙂 If you would like to have a look at them here are my links as I’d really appreciate feedback. My Folksy shop and my Etsy shop
I also joined Instagram today. Well my very kind daughter joined me as she manages lots of peoples accounts on there so was a wealth of wisdom. After a lesson from her in how to use this new platform I am now feeling a little braver to start networking on there and making great connections like I have on Facebook. If you would like to connect with me on Instagram please click here
All I can say is that setting up all these platforms takes a lot of time as does building relationships with the people on there so it is important that if you are thinking about going into business then it is your passion and you really do love people which thankfully I do.
The marketing side which was never my favorite is something I have come to love. This is because I’m enjoying the wonderful relationships I have made with my Facebook friends who have become my clients and I have become there’s. I have been sent a beautiful gift from two of my clients and have made wonderful friendships with them too. Plus they have just opened their own business – they are a mother and daughter team. Her daughter is only 11 but she is an amazing talented crafter and entrepreneur. Lots of the products in their shop are vegan too and they make everything from hair and body products to hand made flower pens. You can find them here.
I have a new product coming in the near future. I am making handmade recycled paper and tissue paper. I am planning on making my own eco friendly confetti so I’m excited about this project so I will keep you posted.
There has been so much progress in my Earth Faeries jewellery & hair accessories venture over the past year couple of weeks. As some of you know I also write The Earth Faeries tales on my website. It’s a story that follows the lives of three Earth Faeries and their adventures.
I had a dream and that was to have my characters drawn up for me and featured in the stories so my readers would be able to identity with the characters. Some of that dream has come true for me as I have been collaborating with an amazing artist by the name Roberto who has drawn two of them up for me. It has been an amazing couple of months designing my characters, looking on the internet for their eye and hair color, there style of clothes etc an sending pictures over to him so he could draw up something unique for me. Well my dream came true. I present to you:
Princess Ruby Starlight.
It feels so amazing when you see your dream, visions and plans come into fruition. I’ll tell you a little more about the process, the ideas behind them and the plans I have for them in a future blog.
I have also been collaborating with a professional photographer to have all of my product pictures done professionally. Another dream I had was to hire someone to have them all done for me and it has finally come possible. I am just in the process of letting him know my ideas and he is just about to send me a document with all of his ideas.
And all of this has happened in the last couple of weeks. Before then I must admit prior to this I was procrastinating a lot. I have seen it in my clients that I’ve coached so I recognized it well. It’s that nagging feeling you have that you know you should be doing something to take you forward but you never get round to doing it. I think most of us have been through this as some stage or other. You promise yourself you’ll do it tomorrow but tomorrow never seems to come.
There are many reasons we do this and one of them is fear. It could be fear of not being good enough – what happens if no-one likes my stuff, or fear of failure. For some it is fear of success. And I must admit all of them had crossed my mind. So how did I stop procrastinating, get myself out of the comfort zone and into the new zone. Here is 7 tips that have worked for me:
- Ask yourself how will you feel in ten years time if you are still in the same place and no closer to your goals. That normally brings up a lot of discomfort and can be enough to get you taking action. It was for me.
- What exactly are you afraid of? Identify it and then use affirmations to help zap it. For example if it’s fear you are not good enough you are really never going to know until you try and as they say practice makes perfect. You weren’t born walking but you learned how to do it. You can counteract this limiting belief by saying to yourself ‘I am always good enough when I do my best. I believe in myself.’ If it’s fear of success – yes people can be afraid of this as it can be lonely at the top or so they think. Say ‘as I grow more successful I am surrounded by other successful people who always help me on the way and have become my friends.’ If it’s fear of failure then know most successful people all failed on the way to the top of there game. They learn that if something isn’t working they do it another way until they do succeed. Say ‘there is no such thing as failure, it’s all a learning experience and I’m going to approach it another way until I do succeed. I will achieve my goals! I am achieving my goals.I am making amazing progress!’
- Use positive self talk like shown above. There are many great coaching books out there that will teach you how to master your mindset.
- Note the progress you’ve made so far. It builds up momentum and confidence. I did this last month and it really helped me do all of the things I was putting off.
- Surround yourself with other successful people. It could be people who have already reached the level of success you want to have in your business, or other brides who have organized their own weddings successfully. No matter what it is the process is all the same. If you don’t know any highly successful people then look for examples on the internet. For example Etsy have a sellers guide which tells the stories of there sellers who have quit there day job and now have a full time business doing what they love. I was reading that last night and it really inspired me to keep going. Or find blogs on word-press of other brides who have organized their weddings. Read their blogs, make helpful comments on there blogs and build relationships with them. You may make lots of new friends in the process but it also gives you some good role models too.
- I’ve said it before but I will say it again make a to do list. You will thanks yourself so much for doing this simple step. I know I did. Take three simple actions each day and tick them off as you go along. The pleasure that comes from seeing what you’ve achieved is wonderful. Plus it increases your confidence and momentum as you can actually see you are so much closer to achieving the goal. I got excited when I read my list of what I’d achieved in the past couple of weeks. This feeling will help you go forward.
- Learn how to meditate. I do this each night and it has helped me enormously. Without all of those thoughts floating around in your head you’ll feel an enormous sense of relief. Your body, mind and spirit will relax and you will find that you have the energy to go forward.
And before you know it, the procrastination has gone and your staring at a list of your achievements and feeling so glad that you did the above.
Do you have any further tips that you have used to get rid of procrastination? Please share as I’d love to hear your thoughts
with lots of love
The Earth Faeries