In this blog I am going to show you how to replenish your energy so you can maintain that business life balance, and get that momentum to keep doing what you love most.
Running a jewellery business is a full time career. It involves all the usual tasks such as selling, marketing, making, gaining inspiration, developing new product lines, managing social media accounts, doing your books and processing orders to name but a few. And whilst I am doing all of this I am striving to have a social life and keep that business life balance going. Not to mention looking after and exercising our family dog and cat.
This is the big pup we all love and adore very much! She is such a character and often also keeps me company when I craft!
Some times I am inundated with orders and other times there are quiet periods which are all normal parts of growing a new business. In those quiet moments I will be working on new ideas for new inventory, marketing on social media platforms or learning new jewellery making skills so really there is never any quiet moments when running a business. I may have done all of the above in the early part of the day and then later on in the evening I will start making the orders I have received during the day. I also have another business so not only am I juggling one business but two. And If I’m honest it can take it out of me if I don’t watch the balance.
I thought I’d share how I keep my balance and replenish. The following information can be applied to anyone with their goals. Whether you are organizing a wedding, running a business yourself or any other type of event or projects.
- I take some time off and smell my roses. I literally take myself off the computer, away from the phone and emerge myself in what I love most which is my garden. It really energizes me.
Here is my little summer house which I craft in when it’s too hot or rainy outside.
My magical garden where I am just designing a faerie garden and planning to plant some more roses. My friend is making a plaque for me saying Melanie’s Rose garden which I’m really excited about.
- I eat good quality foods and reward myself with some dairy free vegan desserts such as this yummy recipe my daughter made me today. Click here to see the recipe.
- I write a progress list of everything I have done in the year and give thanks for it all. This reminds me how far I have come, increases my confidence and gives me the momentum to keep going.
- I look around for inspirational quotes that inspire me and make me smile.
- I make time to meditate and if weather permits I will do it in my garden in my little woodland.
- I’ll take an hour or two for myself and lay in my hammock watching the world go by. Often with big pup on one side and my cat on the other. But there is something really energizing about being with too super cute furry characters. Purring apparently is really good for our well-being!
My hammock where I just relax and unwind each day!
- Pure silence. Not a thought in my head only the sensation of the rocking motion of the hammock. I feel like a baby again in my mums arms.
- I live in Wales in the countryside so I go out walking and hiking each day and often take our family dog with me. She’s a curious soul and often makes me laugh. Laughing is so uplifting and gives you surge of energy.
Here’s the big pup!
- I’ll relax of an evening and read two of my favorite magazines which is wander lust and country walking.
- I write in my gratitude diary every day and thus always get more to be grateful for. After doing this I am always presented with solutions which helps me retain my energy.
- I make it my mission to laugh about something every day. Laughing is good for the soul and I get a great energy boost.
Do you have any tips you would like to share how to replenish and juggle your business and life?