In this blog I am celebrating British Flower week and I’m going to give you some tips on how to find your muse!
I adore flowers in their natural settings i.e growing in the ground or on bushes like my roses. I always ask people to buy me pot plants rather than flowers as once cut they don’t last that long. Flowers are alive just like me and you and hence why I chose to make artificial ones out of vegan silk clay (named because of the feel of the texture of the clay) like the ones I have made below.
This week is British flower week so I thought I would celebrate it by showing you some of the flowers in my garden. These often surround me when I am getting creative. There is something magical about sitting next to a rose tree and having its fragrance tantalize my nostrils. Plus I am always studying other flowers so I can learn how to make them artificially. My flowers and garden are my muse.
This is part of my garden where I happily create surrounded by my muse: flowers, fresh air and wild life.
Here are 6 tips to get your muse.
- Look around your environment for things that inspire you. It could be a garden, flowers even someone else’s creative projects.
- Try doodling or drawing.
- Write, let the words flow. Just writing can help generate creative thoughts.
- Read lots of different stories for example of people getting married and look at the pictures of their themes. This can really ignite your imagination.
- Go out in nature. She is one big muse.
- Visit shops that sell all of your items you need for your wedding day or other special occasion etc. With all of those vibrant colors, beautiful designs, and interesting contrasts you will soon emerge full of ideas.
What is your muse?